The security update includes quality improvements but no new operating system features are being introduced in this update.
Key changes include:
- Security updates to Microsoft Graphics Component
- Windows Search, Windows kernel-mode drivers
- Windows Virtualization, Windows Server
- Windows Storage and File Systems
- Datacenter Networking
- Windows shell
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Windows kernel
- Microsoft NTFS
Once the security updates are applied you can manage settings that will control issues pertaining to CVE-2017-8563, administrators need to set registry key LdapEnforceChannelBinding to enable the fix for the CVE.
Other Changes In Patch Remedy:
- We fixed the display around the Patch Percentages view, fixing scroll bar view where it was hidden.
- Fixed Export of WUA Versions to Excel removing the extra LineFeeds in the export causing it to distort.
- Added Console view to Defer Win 10 Updates view
- Updated the Enable and Disable feature in Win 10 Updates Deferred view so it now instantly updates the view.